Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Butao Ramen(豚王), Central, Hong Kong;Hing Kee 避風塘興記, Jordan, Hong Kong

Hong Kong Day 1-4 (haha)

I cant believe that my vacation went by quickly.  Vacation always can be extended. lol. 

After brunch with a friend that came to HK to be grind for work and a dim sum lunch with relative, I came by this ramen place with my cousin in Lan Kuai Fong in Central district in Hong Kong.  This shop is called buta-oh (豚王) which is a subsidiary to Tokyo Chain Ramen, Nagi (凪).  Usually the line is around 40 minutes but I was lucky thanks to my cousin..

 

Everything here can be customizable, including the soup density, noodle density, and the toppings.  I have ordered the basic tonkotsu ramen with chashu topping.  The soup is basic tonkotsu taste without a heavy density.  It does not look like they cook the soup that long.  The noodle is thin round noodle where the chewiness is the Japanese bounce, which is good.  This place can be compared to the regular Ippudo Ramen, where the shop is actually around the corner.  lol. 

Ok. Lets go to the better food!!!  My long time friend Adam brought me to this place around Jordan Station, Hing Kee (興記).  It was very nice for him to bring me here cause I was craving for good local HK food.  To add to this, tons of celebraties have come to have a bite. To start off: BBQ Duck with rice noodle.  Ultimate Classic. 


The soup is clear chicken broth combine with some BBQ sauce from the duck.  Wait, it does get better:

 Saute Crab with the shop special sauce.  The Taste is like doubanjiang (豆瓣醬) added the XO sauce.

To end on the high note, just want to entertain you.  It is good to have girls selling alcohol in club, does not matter if it is beer or Remy. lol.


If you cant read Chinese, you can follow the Google Map below.
--------------------------------
Butao Ramen (豚王)
中環蘭桂坊和安里8-13號和安樓地下
Open Rice Link


View Larger Map

Hing Kee (興記)
尖沙咀彌敦道180號寶華商業大廈1字樓
http://www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=16945


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment