Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Orenchi, Santa Clara, CA & Miyabitei, San Jose, CA

My crave on curry udon was meet today!  well, kind of.  It reminded me of Shinagawa 品川 station's udon shop in tokyo.  Main three words, hot, cheap and fast.  The only difference is that lot of time to spare here.


The place is called Miyabitei in Mitsuwa market in San Jose. All their food is very cheap and big portion.  The curry udon is actually 5 dollars a piece!  There are actually beef chunk in the bowl.  Although the beef is not as chewy, sometimes is very hard to chew, it is what the price is.  Would be nice to have a bowl of rice for the rest of the curry sauce, but instead.. I got.... 


Sushi! lol. 

Of course, I would also like to write about Orenchi the second time on my blog.  I do believe that they have the best tsukemen in the bay area so far I have tasted.  The soup is dense and full of flavor of pork bone.  I ordered tsukemen with extra noodle, egg and tokyo negi.  So hungry! 


The way to eat tsukemen is to dip the noodle in the dipping soup, which should be very dense in flavor.  The other topping can also be dipped.  What I liked to do is to put all the topping in the soup first. lol.

The noodle with the soup is the closest taste I had comparing to the ramen experience in Japan.  After dipping the noodle in the soup, the soup flavor would dominate.  The tokyo negi would just add to the texture! yum. 

At the end, if you would like to enjoy the soup, you can ask for wari soup (割スープ)which can be pour into the dipping soup.  The wari soup here is actually white pork bone soup which matched perfectly.

The only complaint about Orenchi I have is that their service is ways slow.  I do not blame them since there are only 4 employee taking care of the whole store.  If you are going make sure to save sometime to complete your meal! 

------------------
Orenchi ramen
3540 Homestead Rd
Santa ClaraCA 95051


View Larger Map

Miyabitei
675 Saratoga Ave
San JoseCA 95129

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment